- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 garlic
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 4 parsnips, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh sage leaves
- 3 tablespoons Roots & Wings Organic Lemon Curd
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Salt and pepper
Heat the oven to 180C/356F/Gas4.
Wash and pat dry the chicken thighs. Spread lemon curd on top of the skin of each thigh and place skin side up in a baking tray.
Scatter the herbs on top of the chicken pieces. Pop the lemon quarters around the dish and toss in the carrots and parsnips. Cut the garlic in half and place cut side down in the baking tray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and the chilli flakes, if using.
Drizzle with the olive oil
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, then turn the garlic heads the other way up and make sure everything is cooking evenly. Return to the oven for another 15-20 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and brown. Serve with a green vegetable.