- 175g (6oz) organic butter
- 175g (6oz) organic caster sugar
- 3 large organic eggs
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- 175g (6oz) organic self raising flour
- 2 tbsp organic milk
- 4 tbsp Roots & Wings Strawberry Jam
- 150ml (5floz) double cream whipped
- Heat the oven to Gas 3, 325F, 170C.
- Butter two 18cm (7 inch) cake tins and line with greaseproof paper.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug and add slowly to the mixture beating well. Add a few drops of vanilla essence then add sieved flour slowly to the mixture, folding in carefully to preserve the air. If the mixture is very stiff add some milk.
- Divide between the two tins and cook in the middle of the oven for about 25 - 30 mins. They are ready when the centre feels springy when touched with your finger.
- Cool for 5 mins and then turn out onto a cake rack. Peel off the paper.
- Spread the bottom cake with jam and top with whipped cream. Sandwich the other cake on top.
Dust with sugar and enjoy!