- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Small bunch of spring onions
- ½ red pepper, diced
- ½ orange pepper, diced
- 454g (1 lb) sirloin steak, cut into thin strips on the diagonal
- Zest of an orange
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2.5 cm (1 inch) piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 250ml (9 fl oz) beef stock
- 60ml (2 fl oz) soy sauce
- 60ml (2 fl oz) sherry
- 2 tablespoons Worcester Sauce
- 3 tablespoons Roots & Wings Seville Orange Marmalade
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
Put the beef strips into a bowl and pour over the soy sauce, Worcester sauce, sherry, minced garlic and orange zest and leave to marinate for 20 minutes, longer if you have time.
When you are ready to cook put the beef stock, marmalade, chilli flakes, ground ginger and the marinade in a bowl and stir well to combine.
Heat the oil in a wok. When it is hot add the spring onions, red pepper, garlic, fresh ginger and the beef and stir fry quickly for a few minutes. Add the beef stock and marmalade mixed liquids and bring to the boil. Season to taste. Serve hot with boiled rice or noodles.